I’m thrilled you’d like to learn more about me. My life is an open book, so feel free to ask me anything – especially if it relates to managing my family and my working life without going completely crazy!
I have always wanted to write.
As a teenager people would tell me my writing style was great, but I never had anything to write about. I’m not one of those people who have fictional characters or worlds formed in my head just waiting to escape onto paper.
Then I started reading blogs. Wow! I could have one of these for myself and write about whatever strikes my fancy. And now that I’m a mom, real world experience gives me topics and ideas like crazy! My girls were born in 2008 and 2011 so I’ll have lots of “growing up” thoughts to write about. Top that off with my desire to be a background actor, and suddenly I feel like I have enough material to carve myself a space in the blog-o-sphere.
So here it is: my blog – A Modern Mom’s Life. I’m a writer now! My focus is mainly on my family life: Surviving as a Working Mom; Random Mom Thoughts I deal with on a day to day basis; What we’re enjoying around town; My escapades and auditions in the acting world; and some reviews of books or products that fit into our lifestyle.
My favourite posts to write are personal ones. A struggle we’ve dealt with as a family, or an amazing outing we had. Making time to be together is what I struggle with the most as a working mom. When we’ve had some great quality time, or overcome some obstacles, that is what I want to share with other busy families.
A few of my favourite posts:
- How can we battle the dreaded overwhelm?
- Tips for surviving a busy family schedule
- Morning routine tips for working parents
- Raising Girls: I have a tween!
- 7 Things to know at dance performance time
- Get some sleep: Tips from a busy working parent
- 7 Things I’ve learned packing for a family camping trip
- A Day in Photos: Kennedy Space Center
Did you know?
- I take an adult dance class most weeks at Kingston School of Dance. My daughters are also enrolled there and we all love it!
- Pre Covid, I was a full time working mom. I spent 18 years as a pharmacy assistant at Quarry Medical Pharmacy in downtown Kingston, Ontario. I moved into a Legal Clerk/Receptionist position for about 6 months before having to be home for my girls due to the pandemic. Now I’m essentially out of the workforce and looking for freelance writing jobs to help support my family.
- I write for a local online media platform. Kingstonist is the only locally owned media in the city and I’m happy to be a part of it. I rewrite press releases, and create local interest articles.
- I’ve jumped into the world of acting while hunting up roles for Emma. I’ve appeared in a public service video produced by Curious You Productions, was a featured extra in a film by Slinger Pictures and have participated in a few other small pictures. I landed a paid gig as a background actor in the Alias Grace miniseries based on Margaret Atwood’s book. It’s on NetFlix and I’m a female inmate.
- I’m a photographer, although I’m still perfecting my craft. My photos are improving, and I’m trying hard to make more time to practice! You can hire me to take photos of your everyday events and life. Visit my photography page to read more on that.
Head over to my contact page if you’d like to send me an email – I try to respond quickly, and I love hearing from my readers!
I am on the lookout for more acting opportunities as well as blogging collaborations. I’m open to working with brands, other bloggers, local attractions or events, anything that is family friendly or I can put a Mom-spin on. I also review books and products and I’m open to any pitches, so visit my work with me page and we can create something together!
Thanks for stopping by to learn more about the woman behind the blog. I appreciate the support of my readers and fans.