Welcome to 2017!
Now that we’re in a fresh, new year I thought I’d share some of my hopes and plans for my blog.
When I started blogging I really had no idea what I was doing. I just wanted to basically write down my life, and the stuff I was getting up to with my kids, and hope some people might want to read about it. That was fine at the time, but now that I know more about blogging, and how this whole thing works, I’m trying to focus my blog a bit more.
In this new year I want to help other working parents by sharing my experiences and creating content with a focus on real life, family life, and ways to maximize the little time you have as a family. Being a working mom (and then also a blogger) means that my time is sometimes stretched really thin. I’m no expert in time management, or really anything for that matter, but I want to learn along with you, my readers.
Here are a few things I want to happen for my blog in this brand new year:
- Get, and keep, my pageviews over 1200.
- Increase my Twitter following over 5000 – I’d love to participate in campaigns I’ve seen go by that my numbers are too low for!
- Get my Facebook following over 500. This feels lofty to me because I’ve JUST passed the 200 followers threshold and that’s taken me over a year…
- Keep publishing two posts per week, with the odd 3rd post as time permits.
- Grow my email subscribers. I need to come up with a better email list plugin and then some ideas to actually send out emails!
- Increase my focus on local events that are family friendly in the Kingston area – and try to go to some of them!
- I’m still new with posting videos on social media so I want to explore that avenue a little more.
- Do less book reviews. I love reading but I miss reading what I want to read. One review a month is where I’m heading, although I’m working through a bit of a backlog at the moment!
- Have fun and learn a little something!
I’m sure there are other goals I’ve thought about as far as my blog is concerned, but these are the big ones. Do you have big plans for your blog this year? Or any tips for me? I’m struggling on Facebook most of all (besides that I can’t get people to join my email list) so any hints there would be amazing!
A new year means new beginnings, new plans, and new ideas. Make this year your year. I wish you all the successes in the world, in your blog, your job(s) and your lives!